SPECIAL ANNOUCEMENT ON ABU 2021 ADMISSION MODUS:
We are here to inform AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY aspiring students on the 2021 Admission modus; Based on consultation/interaction with an important stake holder (a member of our community) in the ABU 2021 admission exercise, we will like to inform our members that certain important decisions were taken and these decisions are likely to come with huge consequences. They are summarized as follows:
- No applicant will be given admission to a course he/she did not apply. This implies that if a candidate couldn’t secure admission for the course he/she applied, he/she will automatically lose the admission for 2021.
- The above point further implies that if the quota for a course is met after following the necessary requirements, a candidate would not have the chance of being taking to another course as it use to be a tradition in the past.
E.g, In the past, if an applicant for MBBS has a JAMB or UTME score of say 230 and couldn’t get admitted into his chosen course MBBS, he can be given another course say Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biological sciences, etc. This is not going to be possible this year due to the stand of the university not to impose course on any student as accused in the past.
- Cut – off mark is to be adhered to strictly.
Example, if the cut-off mark for Civil Law is 240, and a candidate’s UTME average is less than that, he or she won’t get Admission in Law and even in any other course given the above points.
- It is important to note that the difficult decisions were made after due consultation with relevant stakeholders. This to avoid accusation of imposition of courses/petition by parents/relatives of applicants when their wards could not secure admission in their first choices.
WAY OUT/ADVICE FOR ABU ASPIRING STUDENTS:
- For any candidate with unsatisfactory JAMB score or JAMB score below requirement of a course. He/she can change the chosen course to another one where the number of applicants are not up to the quota or required number for the course.
Thereafter, the candidate through JAMB can change his chosen course to a new one where the number of applicants are not up to the quota for the course.
- It should be noted that the chug course/choice is to be done online via JAMB’s website. The popular internet Cafe’s in the community can be reached out for guidance on this.
- SDA has details of the various courses that have been over applied and those with applicants less than the quota or required number.
- It is also important to note that the change of course/choice can be done now. Candidates whose JAMB score is not very high and doubt getting a remarkable improvement in the UTME exam can take the advantage of this and change their courses/choices.
i. The above needs to be taken seriously as it was a privilege information on our part.