MINISTRY OF EDUCATION /PRESIDENTS OF PRIVATE SCHOOLS ASSOCIATIONS’ MEETING:
The meeting was held on Thursday, 23rd of July 2020. 14 Presidents of Private Schools Associations were in attendance with Director General, Quality assurance and other Directors in the ministry of education lagos state.
Decisions /Reports at the meeting:
- Students in SS3 are to resume for revision classes on Monday 3rd August, 2020.
- Self Assessment/Evaluation Online form will be available for School Owners as from 27th July, 2020. Schools are to fill the form to indicate their readiness for School resumption base on Guidelines of Federal and State Governments as recommended by NCDC.
- After filling this Online form, clearance will be issued. False declaration attracts Fines. Quality Assurance Officers in each District will follow up with physical inspection of facilities available in Schools.
- Other Classes will resume later base on Clearance, Federal and State Governments directives.
- Schools remain closed until further notice. Private Schools are advised to adhere strictly to the directives or they will be penalised.
- Guidelines for reopening of Schools will be available for School’s in Lagos State on or before Monday 27th July,2020
- Virtual training on school . reopening for school owners and safety officers will be organised and this must be replicated in our Schools to our staff.
- Online Registration form and Clearance for reopening of schools is important for parents to have trust and confidence in our readiness to prevent COVID-19.
- Quality Assurance officers will visit schools showing their identity cards and other means of identification before inspection can be done
- Certified approved Schools Data will be updated daily to monitor Schools and for public consumption.
- Lagos Government palliative measures for private schools have been recommended and will soon be implemented to assist School Owners.
12.Request for tax relief, grants, radio station for academic programs, assistance on data through telecom companies, bulk supply of Tablets to students at reduced prices, and fumigation of Schools were the Request made by the Associations. The Director General of Quality Assurance Department made it known that most of this request are noted and they will work on it to assist School Owners at this Critical period.
However, NAPPS as a Professional Association has set up NAPPS Quality Assurance Committee at State and Chapter levels to monitor and ensure that our members prepare ahead of inspection that will be conducted by Ministry of Education Officials.
Pls adhere strictly to the directives.
NAPPS Lagos State.