CANDIDATES’ WEAKNESS IN BIOLOGY:
THE WEAKNESSES OBSERVED GENERALLY AMONG THE CANDIDATES INCLUDED:
(1) Drawing of poor Diagrams with loss of Details;
(2) Not Confirming to size specifications in the drawing of Diagrams.
(3) Drawing Diagrams with woolly and broken lines.
(4) Guidelines not touching the Structures they were meant to label.
(5) Use of Plural of Words for a single Guidelines; Not giving tittles to Diagrams.
(6) Inability to Relate structures with their functions.
(7) Poor Performance on Genetic Crossings.
The following Remedies were proffered to overcome the weakness.
Teachers should engage the candidates in Regular Practical Classes.
Candidates should be taught how to Draw Biology Diagrams.
Teachers should engage the candidates in Spelling Drills; Classroom Teachers should endeavor to take part in WAEC COORDINATION AND MARKING EXERCISES.