Welcome to another edition of online Jamb series. Hope you are getting set for your Jamb examination? Here are Updated key Points in Jamb Physics to aid your studies.
I have prepared the Jamb key points based on hot topics set in Jamb physics. I will be releasing them in series of 50 hot Physics questions from all the Jamb Physics topics.
You may want to click here for hot key points in Chemistry. Now, let us go straight to business…The 1000 points will cover every topic in Jamb Physics. However, the key points will not be arranged topic by topic. As time goes on, I will work on hot key point series on Jamb Biology, Mathematics, CRS and the Use of English. It will be wise you follow up series.
Key Points on Jamb Physics hot topics (1 to 10)
1) The classification of Wave are:
- Mechanical Wave (E.g Water and Sound Wave)
- Electromagnetic Wave (E.g Gamma and X-Rays)
- Progressive/Travelling Wave (Water And Sound)
- Stationary/Standing Wave (Nodes And Antinodes)
- Longitudinal Wave (E.g Sound Waves)
- Transverse Wave (E.g Waves in Pipe and Strings).
3) The velocity of Sound In:2) Stationary Wave occurs when two interfering waves of the same amplitude and frequency travel in the opposite direction.
- Air is 332m/s
- Water (Liquid) is 1435m/s
- Iron (Solid) is 5000m/s
4) The velocity of Echo is equal to the total distance travelled by the sound divided by the time taken.
5) The quality of sound depends on the number of overtones or harmonics. It makes it possible to distinguish between two instruments playing the same note.
6) Vibration can either be free, forced or resonance.
7) An eclipse occurs due to the travel of light in a straight line.
8) The application of plane mirrors is Periscope, Kaleidoscope and Sextant.
9) Refraction occurs at a constant frequency.
10) Hydrogen spectrum has all colours of white light, Sodium vapour has a yellow line (spectrum) and Mercury vapour has Blue and Green spectrum.
Hot Points And Topics In Jamb Physics (10 to 20)
11) Another word for electrolysis is the chemical effect of current.
12) Passage of current through liquid doesn’t obey Ohms law.
13) Magnetic fields are oval in shape.
14) The angle of dip is 90 degree at the magnetic poles and zero at the equator.
15) The strength of Magnet is greatest at the pole.
16) All electric charges are multiples of the charges of an electron.
17) Factors affecting capacitance are Area of plates, distance between the plates and dielectrics between the plates.
18) Examples of dielectric materials are Paraffin wax, Polythene, Ebonite and Glass.
19) Sliding friction is less than limiting friction.
20) EMF is the algebraic sum of potential difference acting in a circuit.
Hot Topics in Jamb Physics (20 to 30)
21) Electromagnetism is the production of current from Magnet.
22) In a closed circuit, the induced EMF gives rise to induced current.
23) Eddy current is used in damping moving coil, speedometers and induction coil.
24) The transformer steps up or steps down voltage at the same frequency.
25) The Inductor finds application in choke making industry.
26) Choke is used for varying current.
27) The induced voltage is equal to the rate of change of magnetic flux.
28) Solar cells convert sunlight energy directly into electrical energy.
29) Local action is caused by impurity of zinc plate.
30) Eddy current is reduced by lamination.
Hot Key Points In Jamb UTME Physics (30 to 40)
31) The induction coil is used to step up voltage in DC circuit.
32) The generator operates based on the principle of self-induction.
33) DC doesn’t oscillate and as such does not have a frequency.
34) Telephone receiver or earpiece works on the principle of magnetic effect of current.
35) Plane mirrors do not enlarge or reduce the size of object. Object size is the same as image size.
36) Factors affecting resistance are:
- Length of conductor.
- Area of conductor.
- Temperature and
- Type of material used.
37) Triangular prism with two convex lenses is used to produce a pure spectrum.
38) If light energy is less than the work function, no electron will be emitted and vice versa.
39) Work function is the energy that can produce threshold frequency (W=hf).
40) The uncertainty principle only works for atoms and not irons.
Recommended: Jamb syllabus and hot topics
Likely Jamb physics questions to Note (40 to 50)
41) The applications of total internal reflection are Mirage and Fish view under water.
42) Binding energy is the reason for mass defect.
43) Bismuth is diamagnetic.
44) Current is the rate of flow of charge.
45) Kirchoff’s current law states that the algebraic sum of currents flowing into the circuit is equal to the algebraic sum of currents leaving the circuit.
46) Kirchoff’s voltage law states that the sum of all the voltages around circuit loop is equal to zero.
47) Example of refrigerants is Ammonia and Ethyl Chloride.
48) Kaleidoscope is designed to obtain different color patterns.
49) To convert a Galvanometer to Ammeter, a low resistance called shunt is connected in parallel with the meter.
50) As temperature increases, the speed of sound increases.
Hot 2019 Key Points In Physics Part 2
51. The ground is always cold at night because the earth radiates heat to the atmosphere at night.
52. The escape velocity of an object from gravitational field of the planet increases with mass of the object and also increases with the mass of the planet. Escape velocity, v =√2Gmp/rp= √2gprp
53. A transverse wave and a longitudinal wave travelling in the same direction in a medium differ essentially in their direction of vibration of the particles of the medium.
54. The different time rates of flow of fluid is due to viscious force.
55. The electrical property of germanium can be altered drastically by the addition of impurities. The process is referred to as doping.
56. The wave property which can be used to confirm water to be a transverse wave is Polarization.
57. In a common emitter configuration, the output voltage is through the base.
58. When a ball rolls on smooth level ground, the motion of its center is Translational
59. A vapour whose molecules are in dynamic equilibrium with those of its own liquid is said to be Saturated.
60. In a good thermos flask, the main cause of heat loss is the silvered walls and shiny metals.
61. The north pole of a magnet can never be separated from the south pole because of a property known as magnetic dipole.
62. An iron spoon placed inside hot tea becomes hot due to the conduction of heat from the tea through the surface of the spoon.
63. A constant-volume gas thermometer operates under which gas law? Pressure law.
64. A vapour whose molecules are in dynamic equilibrium with those of its own liquid is said to be Saturated.
65. Red light travels faster than blue light when both of them pass through a glass prism because the refractive index of blue light is greater than that of red light.
66. Heat reaches the food which is being cooked in a saucepan chiefly by Conduction and Convection.
67. The force that tend to pull an object undergoing circular motion towards the centre is Centripetal.
68. Radiation is energy travelling through space.
69. A body cannot undergo “relative motion”. Relative motion usually involves two bodies.
70. The type of wave emitted by a loudspeaker is Longitudinal.
71. The prolongation of sound wave after which the source has been withdrawn is called Reverberation.
72. The mouthpiece of a telephone primarily converts sound energy into Electrical.
73. The quality of a musical note depends on what? Harmonics
74. The resultant force in a couple is Zero
74. The most suitable instrument for measuring the diameter of a thin wire accurately is a micrometer screw gauge.
75. A rainbow viewed through a blue sheet of glass will appear blue.
76. The slope of a straight-line velocity-time graph represents uniform acceleration.
77. The unity cycle per second is the same as hertz.
78. Trombone is a wind instrument.
79. A chemical balance is used for measuring mass
80. Sound wave cannot be polarized.
Call +2348133702199 for your Answers.
- Again, your friends are in need of this Information, Use the share button below to share this information with them.