Are you unable to get an schooling on account of monetary obstacles within the state of Florida? Now you may get it over with the long run. Apply for the Shiny Futures program and take a step towards your bright career.
The Shiny Futures packages can be found in 4 sorts of awards as Florida Tutorial Scholarship (FAS), Florida Medallion Scholarship (FMS), Florida Gold Seal CAPE Scholarship (GSC), and Florida Gold Seal Vocational Scholarship (GSV).
- Software Course of
- Readability of Data
A superb alternative for highschool college students to check with monetary help in Florida.
Funded by the Florida Lottery at Florida Department of Education, the packages are open to Florida residents who attend a highschool or an eligible postsecondary establishment in Florida.
Software Deadline: August 31.
- College or Group: Florida Division of Schooling
- Division: Workplace of Scholar Monetary Help
- Course Degree: Excessive Faculties and Postsecondary Establishments packages
- Award: A number of
- Entry Mode: On-line
- Variety of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: US Residents
- The award could be taken at Florida within the United States
The candidates should meet all the next to be eligible:
- Evaluated by Workplace of Scholar Monetary Help (OSFA) as assembly the preliminary eligibility necessities
- Graduated with a normal highschool diploma or its equal
- Be a Florida resident and a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen, as decided by the coed’s postsecondary establishment.
- Enrol as a degree- or certificate-seeking pupil at a Florida establishment in no less than 6 non-remedial semester credit score hours
- Should have no less than one guardian who’s a Florida resident and is: A) serving energetic responsibility within the navy or B) on public service task away from Florida in the course of the pupil’s final 12 months of highschool.
- Non-Conventional College students (home-educated, GED, mid-year, out-of-state) are additionally eligible to use
- For Florida Tutorial Scholarship (FAS): Full the 16 college-preparatory programs required for admission to a state college and full 100 service hours. Obtain the essentially mixed ACT® or composite SAT® rating: 2019/20 – 29/1290 and 2020/21 – 29/1330
- Florida Medallion Scholarship (FMS): Full the 16 college-preparatory programs required for admission to a state college and full 75 service hours.
- For Florida Gold Seal Vocational Scholarship (GSV): Should take no less than Three full credit in a single Profession and Technical Schooling program and Full 30 service hours. Obtain the required mixed ACT® or composite SAT® rating: 2019/20 – 26/1170 and 2020/21 – 25/1210
- For Florida Gold Seal CAPE Scholarship (GSC): Candidates should earn a minimal of 5 postsecondary credit score hours via CAPE trade certifications that articulate for school credit score, and Full no less than 30 service hours.
- GPA Necessities:
- 5 Minimal Cumulative GPA (unrounded and unweighted) required for Florida Tutorial Students (FAS)
- zero Minimal Cumulative GPA (unrounded and unweighted) required for Florida Medallion Students (FMS)
- For Florida Gold Seal Vocational Scholarship (GSV): Minimal 3.zero weighted GPA within the non-elective highschool programs and three.5 unweighted GPA within the profession schooling programs
- College students should keep a minimal cumulative 2.75 GPA (unrounded and unweighted) for Gold Seal CAPE (GSC) scholarships
The way to Apply
- The way to Apply: College students should full the Florida Monetary Help Software (FFAA) to OSFA via create a student account.
- Supporting Paperwork: Candidates should submit an official highschool transcript, ACT®/SAT® take a look at scores, documentation for OOS task, Proof of Dependency, and Documentation of Service Hours. An official transcript might e mail to [email protected] (If the coed’s highschool can ship safe digital transcripts or if the highschool contracts with a third-party transcript service).
- Admission Necessities: Candidates are required to finish the FFAA no later than August 31 after highschool commencement or over the last 12 months in highschool.
- Notice: GED or Out-of-State Applicant might ship paperwork through mail or electronically add them to the Florida Division of Schooling,
Workplace of Scholar Monetary Help
Florida Shiny Futures program
325 West Gaines Avenue, Suite 1314
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400 or Click Here to add paperwork securely to OSFA.
- This system lined solely 20% of Florida highschool graduates and paid a median of $2,000 per 12 months.
- Award quantities are set by statute every year.
- Candidates can verify the complete particulars of the Shiny Futures Personal Award Quantities by clicking here.